Thursday 20 April 2017

Fallacious Vegetarianism

I am a vegetarian, also, non-violence is one of my overly valued principles. and this is something that not just me but my forefathers have been following since hundreds of years, even before M. K. Gandhi was born.

I live in a place where you will meet various breeds of humans and their copious customs - all in all, you can find all kinds of everything and not once in 26 years has this country failed to amuse me, though there have been certain instances which made me lose faith in my own species.

One of the most disturbing things that I have come across is that how assuredly some devout (not mentioning the religion) individuals go about with their non-violent propaganda yet kill helpless birds and harmless animals for the mere taste of the tongue.
But mind you, they only do it on specific days of the week!
They suddenly become vegetarians on Tuesdays, Thursdays and some on Saturdays.
They together mass murder numerous animals, slit their throat and let them bleed, fish them out of water and boil or fry them alive just for that halal taste which sets them in a trance that they forget their (not) much valued principles.

This has somehow become a culture and wherever I go I see them plead before huge idols and pictures of their god to forgive them for not abiding by the 'Shakahaari Somvaar' rule! And they expect to be forgiven because - 'akhir wo bhi insaan hai, galti ho jaati hai!'

I asked a few of them about their weird rules, and I wasn't disappointed this time either.
Below are some revelations that left me astounded.

According to them, killing animals on certain days of the week is a sin and on other days it's not.
Why I ask?
Is it because God only watches over you on those days? Or is it because on Tuesdays animals don't feel pain? Or is it because on Saturdays lives don't matter?
See, its either that your God forbids you from eating meat at all, or He doesn't. It can't be both ways.

For those who only eat a certain type of flesh because the other animals are impure (like a pig) or sacred (like a cow) is a very vague reason to avoid eating them. You either eat flesh or you don't. How does anyone or anything become overly impious or divine? I just don't get it.

And those who follow more than one religion often give a reason that they have these strange principles only because they don't want to disappoint either deities. So they fix days. Wow. I really have nothing to say. They are clearly eluding their principles and their 'Gods'.
There is just one religion- the religion of god and one family. The rest are just beguiling philosophies, some of which were charted down for our own selfish gains.

There are atheists too and they also follow this weird timetable.
They are only vegetarian for day just because they would like to spare innocent lives once a week.
Why don't you stop eating animals altogether? That way more lives would be spared than you can ever think.

This motivated me towards something really impressive - 

Like Shakahaari Somvaar, I too can have Murderous Monday - Can murder anyone you like!

This way I could murder someone on one day, become a monk on the other.
(I'll only be killing once a day unlike these fallacious vegetarians who kill any other day they like.)
And I would never be punished or reprimanded for that.
I could ask God forgiveness on other days of the week and I would be mercifully forgiven.

Wouldn't that be great?


Click on the image to read about the interview and more!