Wednesday 21 November 2012

Delhi- Gone With The Wind!

Winters again, and I was back where I was the same time of the year; I could sniff through the same dense fog, I could feel the same cold chill of the wind, and the ground seemed to welcome my arrival as I got down the train. Delhi was just the same, I wanted to feel it warming and cuddling me into it's arms as before, I had just one day.

When I was there, I wanted to carry the city with me, collect as many memories as I could from the lovely place. I wanted to feel it's warmth and love, meet my beloved ones and party just the same with my friends.

All of a sudden as all those moments flashed before me when I realized how insane and ruthless can our hearts be:

As I walked those lanes, traveled in trams and went past those doors, I knew they knew me no more. I walked past people I never saw before, at the diner there was nobody to wave to and share my table, my classroom seemed to be ghastly and I wanted to run away from there, my friends, they were all gone and if not gone they surely intend to.

I had been misguided into the faking warmth of the city.

The metro, the people, the roads, the hangouts, all seemed to be familiar yet they gazed a stranger's look at me.

I boarded the train and my heart that had eventually got to speed of beating itself to death began to rest, I sighed with relief as I heard the train ram it wheels away from the city and as the wind blew over my face cutting through my hair, so did my obscure fears subdue.

I could feel the emotional upheaval; I loved to be back to the capital and longed to stay there when I landed but by the time twas evening and it was time to leave, I was happy I was done with it so soon.

Now I knew I never belonged there. I had forgotten to find peace and love within myself and I expected a faking city to give it to me. How stupid I had been, but not anymore!

I was appeased, it was finally getting off me, Delhi was finally gone with the wind!
Click on the image to read about the interview and more!