Thursday 5 October 2017

Smarter, wiser and a decade later...

 About 10 years back I craved to become an adult and always wondered how I would feel when it would be 2017.
How excited I was to celebrate my 18th birthday!
Well, now I'm way older than that!
I'm not sad that I grew up so fast, like many of us, I'm just not content with my experiences as an adult.
I always cringe when I think of my younger self.
That could mean years ago, months ago, weeks ago, or even seconds ago.
I always thought that I was constantly growing mentally and that my thoughts and decisions would only get smarter and smarter.
I discovered that I've always been the exact same person, and no matter how reasonable a decision sounds at first, it will always be looked down upon by my future self.
I developed a strange mindset the last two months where I gladly accepted all my bad choices as mistakes because it meant that history wouldn't be repeating itself.
And if it did, then I'd be prepared.
But no.
It's not worth the knowledge anymore.
And definitely not the experience gained.

3 comments:

Click on the image to read about the interview and more!