Tuesday 20 June 2017

Bottled Fragrances

I love perfume!
To be precise, I love fragrances and the way they trigger pheromones and spark a memory out of nowhere.
Scents are always enticing and intriguing. I can't stop wondering how certain smells make you feel, they're so distinctive.
Anyway, there are certain smells that put me off, I hate those floral fragrances that are so sharp, they either make me dizzy or give me an instant migraine.
There are scents that I smell everyday and on everyone as they pass by. I see them on hoardings and on the TV. Scents are meant to be unique and if everyone smells the same, I want to at least try and be different.
One thing that I have noticed is that everyone sorts them according to gender - perfumes for men & women, I mean why do you have to sexualise perfumes? I wouldn't do that.
I sort them according to seasons. On cold days, and evenings, I wouldn't mind a heavy perfume. But on sunny days and mornings, I'd rather go for something that's airy and fresh.

Here's are list of a few of my favourites, some of them were given as gifts, and some I bought, also, they might not be the best, it's just a matter of personal preference:


Burberry London

I bought this a few years back.
A mixture of bergamot orange, lavender and warm cinnamon, mimosa flower and oak moss, this one gives a perfect tone of distinctive and refines fragrance. And I never miss to wear this when it rains!







Armani Code Ice

Well, I got this one for my dad, but I use it every so often.
This one has an aromatic woody flavour, with tangy citrus notes and sweet spices, perfect to wear in winters or in the evenings.




Guess Girl

This one was a gift.
It has a seductive floral fruity fragrance, that many people call it a feminine perfume. But I don't like it that much since it has very strong floral notes. Just tipped it here because I have it. If I had to, I'd never wear it while I'm travelling, makes me nauseous. My review - don't buy it.





Carolina Herrera 212 Men NYC

I found it in a lifestyle store and just couldn't get off. Finally ended up buying it online.
A woody fragrance, but with fresh notes. I wear it whenever wherever. No doubts about this one being my favourite favourite. Also, it has a perky magnetic cap!


Bvlgari Aqva Marine

This was a gift, ever since, it's been my one of my favourites.
For a whiff of unique, crisp and vibrant freshness of water in all its purity and vitality, this is what I reach for everyday, every morning and even after so many years, I still don't seem to get off it. The bottle looks like a fresh drop of marine water, so cool right?







Calvin Klein In2U

I got this one a few years back. It was a favourite, but I don't fancy it that much now.
It has a woody tone again, but with a mixture a floral and fruity and juicy tones. It isn't strong, yet stays for a long time. I like it, but I don't use it, because I broke the bottle somehow! :(





Bvlgari Jasmine Noir

I'll be honest, I only bought this because I liked the bottle with a poof.
It's definitely floral, but woody too. It's strong, with tones of gardenia flowers, sateen almond aromas and licorice absolute. Suitable to wear on evenings.






Givenchy Play

I don't quite remember, but I think I got it for mom, but it has always been in my closet and she doesn't use it much.
The composition combines floral and fruity aromas and leaves behind a sensual woody trail. I wear it all year round or whenever I feel like having a change. Definitely one of my favourites.



Versace Eau Fraiche

This comes in a classic bottle, I bought two of these, one for a friend, and one for me.
Like the bottle, the fragrance is classic too, aromatic, woody and awesome! I use it anytime, but always on the neck.





Sandalwood Essence


This belonged to my grandma, it has sandalwood oil and pure essence in an old corked bottle, and she had had it for years, preserved safely. I have it in my closet now and whenever I happen to open the drawer, the room feels so fresh, I'm sure I wouldn't find such pure and strong sandalwood extract anywhere now.

Well, that was all, I do have a couple of fragrances on my wishlist which I'll definitely let you guys know once I own them.
If you've tried the ones above and if there are any other favourites of yours, do let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click on the image to read about the interview and more!