Wednesday 1 February 2017

Today You Begin!

Today is the day, the day I start believing again.

Today, today is the day I stop holding myself back tied down with things I wish I'd done differently, burdened with the what-ifs and the if-onlys.

Today, today is the day I remember that there are still good people in this world who wish well and want what I want.

Today, today is the day I regain my faith that there truly is a purpose for everything, each and every step, every heartbreak, every joy, every loss.

These last few weeks, months, years have really tested me, they've scraped me up, bruised me, tested the limits of my strength, stretched the boundaries of my heart, hurt my hands as I tried so hard to hold on to things that were tearing at my grasp. It has been a hard road and yet, here I am, unbroken, still standing, with teary eyes and healing, but ready, ready on this new day to start believing again, believing that the plan for my life is not just already what has happened to me, believing that my future, your destiny is still being written, shaped, refined, perfected, all just like the pieces of a puzzle that don't even have a complete picture painted yet, but eventually will.

Diffidence was never a virtue, and today I promise that I will crown myself with self confidence. No matter who has hurt me, or what's been taken from me, or no matter how many times I've had to start over.

Today, I am standing in the eye of the storm. And once the storm is over, I won't remember how I made it through, how I managed to survive. I won't even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when I come out of the storm, I won't be the same person who walked in.

If I needed a sign, here it is, its time to let go and go fearlessly, joyfully and with a boundless hope into a fresh new world washed by the storm.

That's what this storm is all about.

That's what today is all about.

Today is my plain canvas to start over.

Today is the day.

Today I Begin!
Click on the image to read about the interview and more!